We use cookies to improve your experience of our website. If you continue browsing this website we assume you are happy to receive all cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.
For more information call:
+41 26 651 92 11


UN Certification

What is a UN packaging?

Packaging for shipping hazardous materials has to be certified to UN standards. The international agreements for the carriage of dangerous goods require packaging to be of a design-type certified by a national competent authority.

This involves testing the packaging to ensure its suitability for the carriage of certain dangerous goods. Such packaging is often referred to as "UN certified" and carries a UN mark containing codes, the details of which may be found in part 6 of ADR. Ropac® offers UN certified packaging for both hazardous solids and liquids.

For the transport of hazardous liquids the Ropac® pails of the UN liquid range are certified for class Y and Z, packing group II and III, 100 kPa with a specific density up to 2,1 kg/dm3.

Let us be your partner to assist you with UN packaging.
10 Jul 2015
BVT - UN Certification / ISO
download pdf UN ISO Certification